Fire + Fields : A Beltane Tarot Spread
Beltane is a time of pleasure + joy!
At Beltane we have an opportunity to glimpse our slumbering selves dwelling deep below at Samhain (for these points on the wheel of the year mirror each other) as well as connect with our growing fires of desire, direction, and determination. The Fire + Fields spread explores the energy of the season focusing on the central fire of our soul's desire.
1. THE SLUMBERING SELF. What is your shadow that remains dreaming from Samhain and the dark part of the year? The unconscious murmuring that guides our bright year adventures.
2. THE SEEDLING. Nurtured since the Vernal Equinox, the seedlings have grown into young plants. What has been growing and now is ready for summer after spring?
3. THE WOOD. That which supports your fire – your ambitions, drive, work, relationships, and service to the world.
4 + 5. THE SPARKS. How your work is perceived agains the night and the multitudes of works in the universe. Your particular role in community, family, romantic relationships, workplace, circle + more. Also the way you spark fires in others (and, if you have, especially romantically).
6 + 7. THE EMBER. The fire we carry with us through the rest of the year until next Beltane. What should we seek to carry and preserve? What path of desire are we to follow?
8. THE YEAR + A DAY VOW. What is the vow we are making this Beltane to keep for a year and a day? What can we be brave enough to change for that period that will best strengthen us?
Looking for more magickally inspired Tarot spreads?
You're invited to peruse my Tarot Time series. Or do you want to learn about lunar herbalism and tarot? Check out my in-depth and inexpensive ecourse - the Lunar Apothecary. Find all the tarot spreads in my Wheel of the Year series via the links below:
- Hallowing: Samhain Spread
- Darkest Night: Winter Solstice Spread
- Quickening: Imbolc Spread
- Brightening: Spring Equinox Spread
- Fire + Fields: Beltane Spread
- Bonfire Offerings: Summer Solstice Spread
- First Harvest: Lammas
- Balancing: Autumn Equinox Spread