Moonpath: Week 3
In my cells
are magnetic maps
of vast ocean spaces
Say "hiya" to Week 3 of our Moonpath, clever ones!
Honesty in goal-setting and accomplishing our goals is key, clever ones. We've got to be honest with ourselves in what is reasonable to take on in just a week's time. Is learning the entire esoteric history of the tarot really attainable in a week? Becoming the most talented pastry chef and learning how to take the best photos of your marvelous food all in a week's time truly realistic? Excited and ambitious though you may be (and that is fantastic and inspirational gold, so keep that fire burning!) we can be our own worst road block on the path to our dreams when we create giant goals to be accomplished in an unrealistically short period of time. When those big goals don't get done we can get caught up in a cycle of feeling like we're not getting any closer to our goals. Then those treacherous thoughts of "I don't deserve those dreams" begin to wriggle their way into our brain caves like monstrous little memes. Don't give up your brain cave to monstrous memes, clever ones!
Do this right now:
- Write down one BIG dream.
- Cedar Snufflegort wants to become a registered community herbalist.
- Under that big dream, write three big steps that you need to take to accomplish that dream.
- Cedar's three big steps are:
- Learn about her herbal education options (she knows she wants to attend an herbal school but doesn't know what her options are)
- Stock her apothecary with herbs, tools, and books
- Learn at least 50 herbs and their uses
- Just a quick note: Cedar's herbal journey is her own and the above steps are not the "required, official, approved" way of becoming an herbalist. There is thankfully no such thing!
- Cedar's three big steps are:
- Now, choose one of those three big steps to focus on.
- Cedar has chosen to focus on learning about her 50 herbs because she just can't wait to meet some cool plants!
- Under your chosen big step, begin to break it down into bite-size actions that can be accomplished with relative ease.
- Cedar decides to study 2 - 3 herbs each month to begin. She knows that she'll probably learn a lot more each month once she chooses a school she'll probably be studying more than that at a time, but 2 - 3 herbs seems like a reasonable an attainable goal for her to commit to right now. This step is broken down further each month when she chooses her specific herbs. She begins with Dandelion to begin with because it grows in her neighborhood. This goal will also help her stock her Apothecary in a mindful and deliberate way.
- She puts purchasing loose leaf paper and a binder to organize all of her notes in on her list.
- Another step is to visit her local library and see what books on herbalism they have in stock so she can start building her reference library.
Cedar Snufflegort's dream of becoming a community herbalist went from being "Holy heck! How am I going to do that?!" to "Holy heck, I've got a vision of where I'm going and it looks pretty dang clear!" Feel free to invoke the energy of courageous Cedar Snufflegort whenever you're feeling overwhelmed and be sure to practice the steps she followed to keep the vision of your dreams clear on the horizon til you finally reach them!
Be sure to join me next week, when I throw these rules out the window!
So, clever one, with a sense of greater clarity, you're invited to do the following:
- Prioritize your 1 - 3 study + practice goals for the week.
- Pursue these 1 - 3 study goals by choosing what you will do to accomplish them. Then do them!
- Make Pleasure in your practice.
Check out tips for success on our original post!